Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Hockley, Birmingham.
Salary: 18k – 20k.
Contract: 40-hour week Monday to Friday starting at 8.30am (not including ½ lunch per day) May include some weekend work.
About the role
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant who will be partly responsible for the overall day to day running of the office, working closely with the other Accounts Administrator, the Accounts Manager and the rest of the Accounts Team. The summaries of duties are essentially Purchasing Ledgers, using sage, all purchase order processing, invoicing, and administration of the major accounts through the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
They will also ensure that the service provided to Cleone customers & Cleone suppliers maintained in accordance with the standards set by the Company and will maintain a disciplined approach to dealing with accountancy issues weekly and monthly, ensuring that everything is regularly updated.
Purchase Order Processing
• Input orders with approved suppliers list;
• Update order status on P.O.P. within Sage;
• Input and post invoices to ledger after authorisation;
• Match and batch invoices to purchase orders;
• Monitor Invoices placed ‘On Hold’;
• Oversee all processing and keep up to date.
• Make sure all the delivery note received with authorised signature and in right quantity and it is aligned with the purchase order.
• Make sure the suppliers invoices match with approved delivery note and/ or with purchase order;
• Reconcile monthly
• Work closely with Financial Controller and accounts receivable, cover duties where possible.
• Check and process Accounts Administrator ‘s invoices from delivery or Proof of Delivery notes, amend if necessary;
• Make sure the suppliers invoice price match with the agreed unit price and update to the sage
• Must report any price different to Finance Manager.
• Reconcile sent invoices against statements and amend as required;
• Process all Suppliers Invoices and Credit note and post to ledger daily;
• Produce weekly and monthly report, eg. supplier payment arrangement list and cost analysis lists
• Make sure receive and post regulars’ invoices, ie invoices that will charge weekly, if the supplier did not send the invoices, make sure ask for invoices;
• Allocate all payments to ledger via cheques, BACS and cash;
• Check the Walk in Sales and reconcile daily;
• Deal with walk in customers;
• Check email Daily and make sure all the suppliers have the right correspondent email for sending the invoices and
• Set-up and amend suppliers information on Sage as required and make sure up to date;
• Provide all the related documents for customers delivery and pick up;
• Make sure update the sales invoices to ledger and run the extracting send Bank daily before deadline; Otherwise report to Finance Manager;
• General office duties and filing of delivery documentation;
• Assist in providing information for Management Plans;
• Produce monthly reports as required;
• Liaise with Company Staff as necessary;
• Have adequate knowledge of Health & Safety, Hygiene Rules;
• Carry out other duties as required.
• Make sure record all the daily duties in the Dairy and submit to Finance Manager when is required.
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by the business which may not be part of your day to day role.
Our ideal candidate
• The Accounts Payable must have some experience of working in a busy accounts department. It would be beneficial if they had some experience of using Sage 50 at a business level and Purchase ledger.
• Qualified to AAT level 2 or equivalent
• They need to have a flexible and disciplined approach to work, be committed to the development of the business and have the confidence to take charge and make sensible, responsible decisions as and when needed.
• They must have the ability to work on his/her own initiative and work as part of a team to achieve the business objectives.
• The Accounts Payable must have Excel spreadsheet skills and, if possible, experience of using Purchase Order Processing.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!