Location: Livingston, West Lothian, with potential travel to other locations
Salary: £9.25 per hour
Contract: Full time, Permanent – Bank shifts also available
Hours: 7 days over 14-day period, with varying shift patterns
Shifts: Tues, Wed, off Thur and Friday;
Sat, Sun and Mon, off Tues and Wed;
Thur and Friday, off Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
We have a passion for care and believe that all people should have access to the best quality of care. From the outset, we knew if we wanted to achieve our vision, we had to do things differently from other care companies. Our winning formula for the highest level of care can only be achieved through continuous improvements, up to date care training and fluid teamwork.
We built Lucerne around our staff and we actively employ people who are truly ‘Caring Carers’. People with an innate sense of empathy and great attitudes to build a dedicated team of professionals who work together to achieve success and make a measurable difference every day. Our Carers work in teams and visit the same Clients every day at the same times for the full amount of time allocated.
Carer – The Role:
• To provide care in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements, reflecting policies and procedures and agreed standards under the direction of the Senior Carer/Nurse
• To support and enable Service Users to maintain skills and personal interests whilst delivering person centred care unique to each individual
• To maintain skills at a current level, undertake such training and development as required from time-to-time to maintain and progress knowledge
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensure Service Users are at the heart of the care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing
• To contribute to the efficient running of the service
• Support Service Users to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community
• Ensure Personal Plans and other information about how to support Service Users are followed
• Be responsible for informing Senior Carer/Nurse of any changes in the needs of Service Users
• Be responsible for promoting and protecting the welfare of those individuals supported
• Develop effective working relationships with other employees within Lucerne Scotland Limited
• Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for Service Users
• If desired by the Service User, maintain and develop relationships with family, friends and other people important in their life.
Ideally the candidate will:
• Have experience in a similar role / environment
• Be registered with the SSSC and work within the Code of Practice
• Knowledge of, and work within, the Health and Social Care Standards
• Obtain the relevant qualification to remain registered with SSSC if not already in receipt of the qualification commensurate with the role
• Be able to induct and orientate new employees to the job role and service
• Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by management
• Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role
• Be open to learning opportunities
• Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
• Be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service
• Work within the SSSC Code of Practice
• Be professional, polite and reasonable at all times
• Be an excellent communicator, at all levels, able to build rapport and keep colleagues informed of service user needs
• Good problem-solving skills, able to adapt to different situations
• Have fluent English language skills, Both written and Verbal
If you have the skills and experience required, as detailed above, please click on APPLY and forward you’re up to date CV and Cover letter for consideration.
No agencies please.
Read more about us, Click here: