Up to £40K per annum, DOE
Accountancy, Accountancy (Qualified), Financial Services
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1GX
Salary: Up to £40K per annum, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Accountant to join our team based in Normanton, West Yorkshire.
The Commercial Accountant will maintain financial control of all activity between ASDA and the factories, eliminating risks and capitalising on opportunities to maximise the factory and retail profitability. You will provide the team with accurate trustworthy information and ensure we are compliant with legal / trading standards.
The main duties of this Commercial Accountant role include:
- Build the base business plans for the factory and work with the ASDA buying team to match their targets with the plan and build a collaborative plan to hit the required level of sales and profit.
- Conduct monthly reviews of previous month and next 3 months, by sku detail, identifying any potential risks or opportunities.
- Manage the Commercial Finance Team
- Promotions – Promotional Plan with YOY analysis for each promo period, nominating Gondola Ends and Rollbacks promotions. Ensure promotion is within factory capacity
- Admin- Align prices between Forza / Kober and ASDA to ensure minimal FTMR issues. Submit Costs and Retails and Ready Reckoners. Work with Forza Implementation team and factory to ensure compliance with Trading Standards, and ensure that there are no product withdrawals due to incorrect price labelling
- Reporting – Sales, Forecasting, Rebate and Profit reporting on Short, Medium and Long term and bespoke periods
- NPD Pricing / Check- Ensure NPD is cost effective by working with Factory Accounts to cost products and work with implementation Team at the front end to ensure NLFs are correct and that right prices are on the ASDA system in time for launch
Key Skills and Experience include:
- Must demonstrate drive and passion in achieving set targets.
- Demonstrate resilience, be enthusiastic and motivated with a ‘can do will do’ approach
- Brilliant execution – professional output, prompt and courteous
- Enjoy work and encourage others to do the same.
- Forward thinking with good planning skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Highly organised
- Clear communication style face-to-face, written and via the telephone
Skills and Experience
- Good Excel and system skills
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Team player
Forza Foods Ltd started in 2006 since then our turnover has grown to circa £300m per annum, and we now employ around 1,250 colleagues at our state-of-the-art operation in Normanton. We slice and pack cooked meats for ASDA. In January 2016 we became a wholly owned subsidiary of IPL Ltd, who in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of ASDA.
We are dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying our customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.