Commercial Strategy Manager – Immuno oncology
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (with flex to work at home)
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: 12 Months Contract
About the role
The Commercial Strategy Manager for Immuno-Oncology at Abcam is a key commercial analytics and product management role, responsible for utilising complex insights to make recommendations on the commercial strategy to be implemented for the immuno-oncology product portfolio to serve customer needs both now and in the future.
The role is part of a team of three, headed up by the Director of Strategy for Immuno-Oncology, and is responsible for making recommendations on the short and long-term development of the immuno-oncology product portfolio.
- You will use your analytical skills to drive understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing immuno-oncology portfolio
- Understanding the market both now and its likely future direction along with the needs of Abcam’s full customer base
- Understanding and fully utilising in-house product development capabilities
- Collaborating with the R&D team to identify opportunities to expand on these capabilities
- Collaborating Commercial and Business Development teams to input into the development of broad consumer partnerships
About the Research Area Management Team
We are building and expanding a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals.
The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:
Through continuous big data analysis, use of business acumen and market intelligence, make recommendations on the definition and tactics for execution of the commercial strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the immuno-oncology product portfolio and achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
Make recommendations on the long-range development of Abcam’s portfolio of products across all categories in immuno-oncology research and provide input into the development of the inhouse R&D pipeline of new product types and platforms.
- Using robust financial modelling, size markets for the immuno-oncology research area and value potential new initiatives to make recommendations on the future direction of the strategy.
- Make recommendations on key product lines and customers to target to develop deep relationships that enhance Abcam’s global reputation as a leading partner in the immuno-oncology research.
- Design and develop dashboards to track the progress of the immuno-oncology strategy against key milestones.
- Be the subject matter expert in the collation of multiple data points, including internal and external sources, in the immuno-oncology research area.
- Provide input into the development of new pricing initiatives for the immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Provide input into the development of immuno-oncology related product datasheets and protocols.
- Provide input into the quality criteria required for immuno-oncology products.
- Provide input on in-bound and out-bound collaboration opportunities for follow up by the Portfolio Development, Business Development and Custom Product & Licensing teams.
- Make recommendations on candidates to build Abcam’s external network of scientific advisors in the immuno-oncology field. Input into the development of relationships with these advisors.
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders across the business in the immuno-oncology strategy.
- Represent the voice of the global immuno-oncology consumer across the business.
- Interpret and communicate insights reports in an appropriate format to enable rapid actions to be taken by the global business teams.
- Develop highly collaborative relationships across all global departments and provide input into new commercial opportunities to deliver the immuno-oncology strategy.
- You will be able to demonstrate significant product management experience in the Biotech/Pharma, Diagnostics or Life Sciences industry.
- You will have significant, demonstrable experience in sales and marketing also in these fields.
- You will have extensive experience of driving the development and execution of commercial strategies to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed.
- You will preferably have experience within the immuno-oncology or oncology/cancer research field and in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications.
- You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.
A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a PhD would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in the role Commercial Strategy Manager – Immuno oncology then click ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please.