Driving Standards and Training Manager
Location: Chiswick – W4 1SY
Salary: Excellent DE
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent
Our Driver Training department is looking for a Driver Standards Training Manager. Reporting to the Head of HR you will be responsible for establishing, delivering and monitoring high quality, consistent driver training and driving standards across London United, London Sovereign and Quality Line. You will lead a team of approximately 20 Driving Instructors, Training Officers and Administrator(s).
• Lead and line manage the Driver Training team including recruitment, appraisals and performance management.
• Allocate resources to ensure maximum efficiency of Instructors, training fleet and training facilities to meet key performance targets. Work in partnership with Driver Recruitment to supply instructor resource required for recruitment activities.
• Monitor and manage instructor and training school productivity to ensure it deliver the right number of drivers, at the right time and to the right standard.
• Ensure the team deliver cost-effective high quality on road driving instruction and classroom-based training, including trainee induction, City & Guilds and CPC.
• Develop a Driver Training strategy to deliver high quality trainee drivers to garage and to raise driving and customer service standards in the driver population and be agile and responsive to changing business needs.
• Identify training needs through feedback from the business (in particular Garage Risk Managers and Claims) and through analysis of management information such as accident statistics, MTS results, customer complaints data, covert driving assessment score.
• Lead in the design and delivery of learner-centered training including Driver CPC, customer service and City & Guilds courses, including the development of training materials for garage based driver trainers and in promoting the use of these tools in the workplace.
• Manage the Driver training department budget and fleet requirements.
• Develop Driver training school into a Centre of excellence for RATP Dev UK, and ensure timely, high quality supply of training services to other group businesses.
Knowledge, skills and experience required: Essential
• Proven experience in a specialised training role with a wide professional network.
• A good level of educational attainment (for example a degree) with evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
• Strong people management skills including undertaking appraisals.
• Sound experience in conducting Training Needs Analysis and developing programmes to address needs.
• Evidence of delivering and facilitating relevant training courses and workshops.
• Solid skills in MS Outlook, Word. Excel & PowerPoint.Desirable
• CIPD or other recognised L&D qualification.
• Experience working within a unionised environment.
• Experience of working within a blue collar or technical environment
• Staff Travel Pass
• Discounted gym membership