Crewe CW1, UK
£8.84 to £11.22 per hour basic, night shift and weekend rate is £12.91 to £16.38 per hour
Construction and Property
TribePost Ltd is advertising this vacancy on behalf of Saferoad VRS.
Salary: Depending on experience £8.84 to £11.22 per hour basic, night shift and weekend rate is £12.91 to £16.38 per hour
Hours of work: Full time, permanent, minimum of 40 hours per week Monday to Sunday; hours are variable to suit projects and involve some night shifts and weekend working
Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Company are a leading supplier and installer of Vehicle Restraint Systems including Safety Barrier and Parapet Systems; we are also one of the market leaders installing Environmental Barrier (Acoustic) and General Fencing, working nationwide on secured contracts.
The Role – Fencer:
A position has arisen for a fencer working on various highway projects and construction sites, nationwide.
Note; Due to the national presence and project-based nature of the majority of work undertaken by the Company, a level of flexibility and availability is required; the working week would include weekend and night time working to suit the job requirements. This would include some working away from home.
Activities will include but not limited to: –
- Must comply with all safety measures and adhere to the safe systems of work that will be in place. Operatives are empowered to refuse to start or continue with a task they feel is placing them at an unacceptable level of risk. Or if they feel they have not received sufficient instruction or training.
- Must follow all reasonable instructions from the Site Manager, Site Supervisor, Lead Erector or Installer.
- Responsible for bringing any safety issues or concerns to the Lead Erector, Site Supervisor / Manager or Safety Supervisors attention. If none of the above can deal with the issue or the Installer is not satisfied they must contact the HSEQ Manager or the General Manager.
- Must carry out works to the correct specification as instructed by the Lead Erector or Installer. If unsure an Operative should seek guidance.
- Must be competent to perform certain tasks by their own ability such as erecting beam, fitting and tightening fasteners, loading out material and maintaining a tidy work place. Excavation of trial holes and removal of redundant fencing.
- Must ensure that all company vehicles and plant are properly inspected, used and defects are recorded and reported.
- Must be available for work in accordance with the Company’s contractual commitments including weekends and nights.
- Although operatives are not obligated the Company would encourage and like to see all Operatives advance through training and experience to the position of Installer and then onto Lead Installer. Although it is acknowledged that not all may be able or desire to do this.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Co-Workers, Supervisors, Suppliers, Clients and Engineers.
- Evaluate own strengths and limitations to be able to continue self-development within the role
The Successful candidate will: –
- Possess experience gained from working in the construction industry
- Hold a current Green FISS/CSCS Labourer card; Including Operatives CITB Touch Screen Test, Level Award in Health & Safety
- Hold a current driving licence
- Have good awareness of manual handling
No agencies please.