Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: 12-month Fixed term
Finance Business Partner – About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join the fast-paced and dynamic team.
This role plays a pivotal part in shaping how Abcam improves its Inventory Valuation, Gross Margin analysis and inte-grates its ERP Systems.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Audit, Costing, Product Margin Analysis, Project Management and New Systems Implementations.
Finance Business Partner – Major Responsibilities:
• Provide monthly budget/forecast variance analysis for Gross Margin.
• Planning, forecasting and reporting direct and indirect expenses for the Group.
• Support and partner the development and implementation of a new ERP system.
• Ensure that relevant controls are in place to maintain accurate inventory and cost of sales data across multi-ple systems.
• Creation of controls and policies.
• Calculation of Inventory provisions.
• Partnering the Supply Chain on creation and reporting of KPIS.
• Day to day interaction with senior leadership providing support.
You will be comfortable operating in the detail, but also with the ability to understand the big picture. You will ana-lyse and report at a strategic and operational level in a concise agile manner to suit the audience as appropriate.
You are confident and organised to lead projects on a structured way.
The work load is diverse and time pressured, so you will be a “right first time” type of person, comfortable keeping plates spinning whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
You are constantly striving for improvement; you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
Finance Business Partner – Desired qualifications:
• Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) ideally with experience in an accounting practice.
• Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP System.
• Experience in product costing.
• Advanced MS Excel experience is required.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their re-search needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
No Agencies Please.