General Practice Accountant
Location: Garforth, Leeds
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience and qualifications) + 20 days holiday + 13 days Bank Holidays/Office Holidays
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Working hours are 37.5 per week between 8.30am and 5.00 pm
Wyatt & Co are a local firm of Chartered Accountants, based in Garforth, Leeds. We are a family run, multi-generational practice, who understand and highly value family businesses. We also provide close business support to a number of local and regional charities, including, Churches, Children’s and Women’s support organisations. The strong values and ethos of both family and professionalism are very important to us.
The role is to work within the existing professional but friendly and flexible staff team, covering most areas of client work. To provide advice to clients on all aspects of the client business, as well as supporting the day to day operation of this busy office. This role can be tailored to fit a person with some core skills, who is willing to further develop their skill set, within a general practice setting.
What We Need from You:
We are looking for a long-term member of staff who will fit in with these values and ethos, and who is well motivated, and experienced in General Accountancy Practice work.
As well as the strong values, the person we are looking for would have had a minimum 3 years’ experience in a general practice.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in General Practice
• Experience of a number of the of core areas of general practice such as accounts preparation for companies, sole traders and partnerships, payroll and VAT/MTD
• Experience in accountancy and payroll software, in particular cloud-based products
• Strong experience of IT using current office
• Bookkeeping using a variety of computerised cloud and desktop based bookkeeping programmes.
• Completion and submission of VAT returns.
• Preparation and submission of personal tax returns using the Digital personal tax programme, or Corporation Tax returns using Sage Corporation Tax. Writing to clients to inform them of tax liabilities and due dates.
• Engaging with clients, in person, on the telephone and via email or letter.
• Meeting new clients, dealing with the client engagement process and obtaining authorisation with HMRC.
• Integrating within a small professional staff team and supporting the general operation of a busy office, and where capacity allows, other members of staff in the roles they fulfil.
Essential Personal Requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, and methodical approach.
• Ability to undertake and complete work to a deadline
• Personable and people focussed
• Maintain highest level of professionalism and reliability, confidentiality and integrity
• Well organised and hard working
• A team player
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on ‘APPLY’ today forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration.
No Agencies Please