Hygiene (Cleaning) Operative
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: £18,825 annum
Hours: 42 hours per week
Contract: Full time, Permanently
Allied Bakeries Ltd is now recruiting for a Hygiene (Cleaning) Operative to join their expanding team based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. This role offers variety and teamwork as well as the company benefits offered to all personnel.
Key Accountabilities of the Hygiene Operative role:
- To report Hazards / Near Misses and faults to assist in the prevention of accidents.
- Use safe systems of work.
- Achieve the level of Basic Food Hygiene.
- Document completion.
- Bowl wash / utensils cleaning.
- Bread tipping.
- Litter picking.
- Removal of waste / handling waste.
- Basket wash.
- General sweeping, mopping and cleaning.
- Some chemical handling / spillage clean up.
- Wiping panels / walls – using chemicals.
- Be able to use basic hygiene equipment required to carry out the job role. (Floor scrubbers, jetwashers etc, training will be provided).
Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role.
Experience and Qualifications
- Basic Food and Hygiene awareness
- Basic Pest Awareness
- Health and Safety awareness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Team focus
- Enthusiasm and determination to meet required standards and acquire new skills
- Work from own initiative and understand decision making
- Be resilient and flexible
- Good idea’s/ idea generations person
- Good Team Player
- Training will be given however; experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment would be a benefit.
- Respectful promoting quality and fairness
- Open and Honest
- Professional Approach
- Consistent and Reasonable approach
- To challenge positively
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on ‘APPLY’ today, where you will be directed to our website in order to complete your application.
No agencies please.