Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Lympne, (near Hythe) Kent
Salary: £20,000 (+ performance related bonus/pension/increased holiday with length of service/employee discounts)
Contract: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Since starting in 2003, FFX have become one of the UK’s largest independent suppliers of high-quality tools, fixings and building supplies and now we want you to play a key role in our future by joining our growing Marketing Team.
Reporting to our Graphic Designer, you will provide creative support to multiple internal departments. You will mainly work within the parameters of the FFX brand but you will also be working with external brands to create cohesion in line with our company vision of ‘the widest range of products, delivered quickly with great service, readily available and offered at a truly competitive price’.
With at least 1 year’s commercial experience including a good understanding of the latest Adobe creative suite particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign on PC you will hold a BTEC/HND/Degree in Graphic Design (or related subject).
You will have excellent organisational skills, enthusiasm and passion for developing and delivering solutions.
Sound like the job for you? Then read on…
To assist in the conception and design of artwork for:
• Website banners, brand pages etc.
• Email campaigns
• Labels and packaging design.
• In-store and outdoor POS and advertising design.
• Printed materials including stationery, posters, leaflets, brochures, catalogues, exhibition stands, merchandise and more.
• Internal communications.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 1 year’s commercial experience
• Experience in digital, web and print design, any photography experience is advantageous.
• A good understanding of the latest Adobe Creative Suite is essential, in particular using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign on PC.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Strong typography skills.
• A solid portfolio.
• Can work independently and as part of a team. You will also be required to work to deadlines and under pressure and be willing to develop and grow in the role.
Education and Qualifications
• It is essential that candidates hold a BTEC/HND/Degree in Graphic Design (or related subject).
• Creative flair, a strong visual sense and the ability to think conceptually.
• Collaborative skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues and outside suppliers.
• A highly-organised personality and ability to manage multiple projects at once
• The ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to deliver high quality results, at times under pressure
• Motivated and organised.
• An attitude to work that provides for flexibility to get the job done regardless.
• Create and maintain excellent working relationships across the business.
These duties are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Additional duties, responsibilities and projects may also be required.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!