Nursery Practitioner – Level 3 Qualified
Location: Plaistow, London and Stratford, London.
Salary: £18,000 + depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Are you passionate about working with babies and young children? Are you an experienced practitioner looking for a new career opportunity? Are you reliable, patient and positive in your approach?
We are currently seeking to recruit passionate, caring and experienced Nursery practitioners to join our nursery team. We are looking for highly motivated and collaborative individuals who will support the nursery in attaining high levels of achievement.
Smarty Pants Day Nursery, rated Outstanding by Ofsted in June 2017, has been running in Plaistow, Newham for a total of 24 years. Smarty Pants at Abbey Lane Children’s Centre, rated Outstanding by Ofsted in August 2017, has been running in Stratford, Newham for a total of 10 years.
We aim to provide exceptional care to children, in a rich yet challenging environment, allowing the children extensive opportunities to learn and explore.
About the role
• To work alongside the Nursery Assistant under the direction of the Room Leader, responsible for a group of children as a key person.
• To work as part of a team in a positive and proactive way to ensure the provision of high-quality care and education for all children in the Nursery.
• To work in partnership with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager (to be known as the Management Team) and the Room Leader and in partnership with colleagues, parents and outside agencies where appropriate in the interests of each child’s welfare and well-being.
• To foster the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of all children at the Nursery, including those with special educational needs.
To support the Room Leader in relation to:
• Observing, assessing and recording each child’s progress
• Planning and evaluating play to meet children’s needs and interests
• Working with children as appropriate to their development
• Working in partnership with parents
• Working with the team to ensure a smooth transition from home to Nursery, between rooms and from Nursery to school
• Drawing on the expertise of colleagues within the Nursery to prepare play situations for individual children
What we need from you
• Hold at least an NNEB or NVQ 3 in Child Care or equivalent or higher
• Experience of working with young children (0 – 5 years)
• Sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Sound knowledge of child development (birth – five years) and a good understanding of the needs of young children including those with special educational needs
• Have a sound knowledge of good nursery practice and an interest in keeping up to date. This will include attending training (including staff closure day training days) and cascading training within the staff team.
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• £18,000.00 and upwards depending on experience
• Ongoing training throughout your development with Smarty Pants Day Nursery including 3 staff inset training days per year
• Discounted childcare
• Employee benefit scheme
• Refer a friend bonus
We are committed to safer recruitment procedures and all employees are subject to enhanced DBS checks and prohibition checks. Relevant references will also need to be obtained before employment can commence.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history (where possible) and any breaks in employment must be explained.