Nursery Room Leader
Location: Uxbridge, West London
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Contract: Full time, Permanent
At the Old Station Nursery, we know that we are looking after your most precious people in the world and we want you to be entirely happy with the care we provide. We strive to offer a ‘home-from-home’ environment where your child can be safe, happy and stimulated and make new friends and experience new activities.
We are now recruiting for a Nursery Room Leader to supervise and lead the team members, ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care is provided and to implement, monitor and review routines and procedures. If this sounds like you, then read on!
The Main Duties of the Nursery Room Leader are:
- To ensure the well-being of children at all times.
- To be vigilant and proactive in the approach to Safeguarding and adhere to the Safeguarding policy and procedures at all times.
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area to meet all requirements of the EYFS.
- Ensure ratios are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that children’s records (Learning Journeys) are maintained, up-to-date and accurate by monitoring on a regular basis with support from Deputy and Manager.
- To ensure Key Person systems are in place.
- Work collaboratively with outside agencies and parents of children with additional needs.
- Support all staff and manage your staff team consistently and fairly.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the manager.
- Making sure room safety checks are done every day before the children arrive.
- To ensure confidentiality of information received.
- To support the Manager in all managerial tasks, especially in her absence, for example, conducting ‘show arounds’.
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Must hold a current L3 Early Years Qualification
- Great knowledge of OFSTED standards and industry best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS.
- To be reflective and show a commitment to continuous improvement.
- To continue to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to prioritise effectively.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- A positive attitude to reflection, review, and re-evaluation.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.