Office Junior / Administrator
Location: Hockley, Birmingham.
Salary: up to £18000 depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, 40 hour week Monday to Friday starting at 09:00am (not including ½ lunch per day may include some weekend work).
About the role
The Office administrator plays a vital role in supporting the sales, planning, technical and accounts team. Providing an important link between all departments and able to fill in to cover sickness and holidays.
You will be responsible for handling door sales and visitors.
Ideal candidates for the role are efficient and adaptable workers with good all-round general administrative abilities. They must have some customer service skills and be good organisers.
• Responsible for office admin;
• Customer Ledger (see Training below)
• Order processing on Sage and the supermarkets using Edi system;
• Managing some paperwork relating to distribution;
• Contacting carriers re collection times if and when requested by Dispatch;
• Implementation of Pallet sheets, Fax & Summary sheets for carriers, customer templates, and price lists;
• Handling telephone system enquiries;
• Answering telephone, taking messages and forwarding them to the relevant person;
• Processing Door Sales and accounting for monies taken;
• Greeting visitors and reception tasks;
• Supporting management and Dispatch when required;
• Ensuring current system s of work / practice are adhered to reporting any changes to the relevant persons;
• Carry out other duties as and when required.
• Assist the technical department when needed
• Support planning department
• To support marketing team with the company social media platforms
• Ad hoc duties as required
What we need from you
The job holder must have a flexible and disciplined approach to work and be committed to the development of the business. The ability to ensure that set tasks and responsibilities are carried out to the full. Have the confidence to learn work on his/her own initiative and work as part of a team to achieve the business objectives.
Must have experience of working on a computer with an eagerness to learn how to use other computer systems.
Be willing to learn, have the confidence to own up to mistakes, be prepared to take on responsibility and ensure that all set duties are carried out to the full.
If ever in doubt or you don’t understand how to do a task you have been asked to do – have the confidence to stand up and shout for help.
Training and development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate excel knowledge
• Good IT knowledge
• Be organised with good attention to detail
• Have a can do and want to learn attitude
• GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
• Sage 50 desirable but not essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for to be successful in this position then apply today!