This vacancy has been posted by TribePost on behalf of Total Care Matters Ltd
Residential Support Worker (Child Care Practitioner – CCP)
Location: Leicestershire (LE9)
Salary: £23,364 to £24,261 p.a (INCLUSIVE of sleep-in allowance)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Do you want to make a positive impact in young people’s lives?
Total Care Matters is an established residential children’s home provider, with seven regional homes and looks after children in care between the ages of eight and seventeen
We are excited to hear from you for our Residential Support Worker vacancies at our children’s homes in Leicestershire (LE9).
• You will become part of a small, caring team supporting young people
• Your role will be diverse and shift based and will include overnight sleep-ins
• Your day may include taking the young people to school, appointments and activities
• Your daily tasks may include some administration, household chores, cooking and helping young people with their personal care
Your annual salary will be made of a base rate, dependent on qualifications and experience, plus payment for sleep-ins. The base rate salary scale is £18,103 to £19,000 p.a, plus £62.64 per sleep-in (up to £5,261 per year).
The salary is payable on a monthly basis, at the end of the month in arrears.
What else do we offer?
• Excellent development and comprehensive vocational training opportunities
• 40 hour working week (exc. Sleep-ins)
• QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare Qualification
• Good induction and support package
• Excellent prospects to develop into ‘Homes’ and ‘Operations’ management
• Growing and expanding company focused on quality outcomes
• Be over 22 years old
• Have a passion for, and ideally experience of, working with children
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a full UK manual driving licence
• Be willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure
• Be eligible to work in the UK
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure check. Please be aware that all new employees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role. The cost will be deducted from pay.
In line with the National Minimum Standards: Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2001, this vacancy is age restricted.