Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About FP&A at Abcam:
The FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly growing and evolving having been formed as a sister function to our core finance team during 2015. The aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process.
Senior Finance Analyst – About the Role:
• Revenue performance Management
• Lead Global revenue month end process, to ensure management KPIs are recorded, key Business KPIs are shared, and management account pack is submitted, always within month end deadlines.
• Develop our landing position view, and contribute to external reporting and guide messaging to investors.
• Produce monthly revenue commentary using inputs from stakeholders across the Business, developing commercial insight and understanding through the process
• Preparation of information by region for revenue to support monthly commercial review with each regional lead.
• Revenue budgeting and forecasting
• Deliver full business Global revenue forecasts in timely manner, fully uploaded to the finance system, signed off by relevant ELT and accurate. This will include Q1F, Q2F and Q3F/Budget each year.
• Work with regional leads, and stakeholders across the Business to agree forecasts through the year, adjusting process and style to suit the business performance and pressures at the time. This is likely to include growth totals, phasing and split of revenue between growth drivers to ensure appropriate ownership between teams.
• Ensure process is run with clear deadlines, meeting objectives and summary documents, to allow decision-making at the right levels in the business.
• Adhoc analysis
• Tableau dashboard design and maintenance to investigate key business problems. for key dashboards used by the business e.g. ROW and LVO
• Support adhoc revenue focussed projects in the team. This may include deep dives into areas of focus, contribution to business cases and working cross functionally
• Grow the connections of commercial FP&A team with other parts of the business, particularly our stakeholders in CX. This may involve presenting to wider CX team about revenue performance or forecasting process, along with project-based relevant comms.
Senior Finance Analyst – About you:
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret financial data into meaningful and actionable insights and conclusions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate to CFO level as well as ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers
• Partnering commercial stakeholders including relationship building and influencing
• Understanding of commercial part of the Business and how the financials explain performance
• Excellent financial modelling experience using Excel and Tableau (preferable)
• Undergraduate degree minimum 2:1 or above
• Ideally professional qualification or studying towards e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA or MBA
• Ideally experience or an interest in working in Life Sciences
Senior Finance Analyst – About us:
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.