Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About the Company:
SFM is an innovative Coventry-based B2B supplier of gelling fibres & fabrics for the advanced wound care industry. We offer a range of wound care technologies and all our products are manufactured in ISO certified clean rooms in line with the highest standards of care.
SFM’s aim is to successfully deliver innovative, cost effective and quality products and solutions into the advanced wound care industry with an ultimate aim of improving patient care and wellbeing.
Currently an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dynamic Senior Finance Assistant to join and support Finance team.
Senior Finance Assistant – Duties to include:
• Identify, investigate, prioritise and deliver process improvements.
• Provide support for transaction processing of Sales ledger, Purchase ledger, Cash and any other duties to fulfil ‘segregation of duties’ requirements.
• Fixed asset management, reconciliation and reporting, including disposals, amortisation, and accelerated depreciation.
• Allocation, and analysis of costs over all departments – including the reallocation when applicable.
• Accruals and Prepayments.
• Reconciliation of GRNI, including providing budget holders with up to date spends on their capital projects.
• Analysis and reconciliation of stock and stock provisions.
• Producing, analysing and investigating variable and fixed cost reports.
• Accounting for stocks and cost of sales.
• Responsible for all elements of VAT including – intrastat, returns, HMRC communications, investigation, claim backs & reconciliations.
• Support on monthly management accounting and month end reporting.
• Use, review, maintain and update appropriate documentation of process flow and specific procedures including control mechanisms that operate.
• Support with RDEC Tax Credits, and reconciliation of R&D costs.
• Revaluation of currency for debtors and creditors, as well as revaluing currency bank accounts
• Reconcile loans and interests.
Senior Finance Assistant – Key skills / abilities:
• Relevant Financial Qualifications, a minimum of AAT and at least 2 years relevant experience.
• Knowledge and experience of double entry accounting as well as accounting techniques employed in a multiproduct and multidepartment environment is essential.
• Prior experience with Sage is essential, and SAP would be beneficial.
• An eye for identified and delivered process improvements, efficiencies and cost savings.
• Good communication skills, with the ability to translate financial requirements for budget holders are essential.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
• Basic level of IT skills including Word, Outlook and Power Point and intermediate level of Excel is essential.
• Proactive attitude to time management and prioritisation and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure are essential.
• Good organisation and being adept at leaving a good audit trail is essential.
• Experience of working within a Quality / Compliance environment is beneficial.
• Ability to get on with and influence people internally to achieve objectives is beneficial.
• Commercial awareness is beneficial.
Senior Finance Assistant – Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life cover
• Incapacity benefits
• Cash Back Medical Scheme
• Flexible working hours
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV to us with a relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role
Due to the number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we want to take forward to interview; if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No Agencies Please