Senior Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
An Experienced Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant is required to join a family run builder`s and plumbing merchant which has been supplying building and landscaping materials to trade and the public for over 100 years.
They have 13 branches across the Midlands which stock a vast array of products from luxury kitchens and bathrooms to timber and insulation. They are looking for an experienced Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant to join their growing team.
Overall Scope of Position
Senior Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant – Job Summary
- To assist with the development of business growth, achieving excellent customer satisfaction and relationships
- To ensure that all customers dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner
- To promote, improve and increase profitable Sales for the Company by creating good customer relationships built on excellent service and developing agreed action plans in accordance with business objectives
- To take responsibility for all lightside and plumbing and heating sales activity, including surveys and take-offs as required
- To ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all quotations and the follow through of all enquiries via website, email, telephone and general correspondence
- To accurately place orders with suppliers ensuring procedures and pricing policies are adhered to
- Proactively identify and contact new and potential customers, including site visits if necessary
- Having an awareness at all times of Company procedures and pricing policies
- Liasing with Manufacturers and Suppliers to further promote Sales where necessary
- Provide an excellent after-sales service to customers including the follow through of complaints and any related issues
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and generally keep aware of products available in the market place
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this position
Senior Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant – Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Plumbing and Heating related product knowledge
- Relevant general product knowledge
- Current UK Driving Licence holder
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Good administration skills
- Previous Team leader or Supervisory experience is desirable
Senior Plumbing and Heating Sales Assistant – Performance Standards:
- Previous experience selling plumbing and heating products
- Approachable, enthusiastic, confident and well-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with a range of customers at all levels within the business, and answer queries effectively with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Good IT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-disciplined with good organisational and time management skills. Able to prioritise tasks and deal with a number of queries simultaneously
- Goals orientated and tasks driven, able to work to tight deadlines within a pressurised environment and still remain customer facing
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work alone unsupervised as well as part of a close-knit team
The above job description is designed to indicate the general scope of the role and will be subject to periodic review and amendments.
Tippers is a family run Builders Merchants providing quality building materials for trade and DIY customers from 13 branches across the Midlands. We aim to be the complete one-stop shop with an extensive showroom, supplying a wide range of quality building materials from leading manufacturers designed to suit all your building needs.
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on ‘APPLY’ today and send an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please!