Location: Alton, GU34 2QR, Hampshire
Salary: £28-32k, depending on experience + Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00
Due to continued growth, PelGar International Ltd is now recruiting for a Senior Production Supervisor to work at their Alton Office.
About the Company:
PelGar International is the leading British manufacturer of highly effective rodenticide and insecticide products for the control of public health and farming pests around the world. With an active and dynamic research and development programme, which draws on a wide range of market intelligence and technical feed-back, we aim to provide innovative and novel solutions to any global pest problem.
PelGar operates from its headquarters in Hampshire, England and through local offices in mainland Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. Our analytical and formulation laboratory ensures the highest product quality from two UK manufacturing sites, while our research centre provides the technical team with valuable insights into the behaviour and biology of the rodents and insects being targeted.
Senior Production Supervisor – About the role
The purpose of this role is to ensure that production delivers the production plan within the timeframe and quality standards set by the Production Manager, to promote and ensure safe working practices and facilitate open, constructive communication channels.
Assist the Production Manager with the following:
• Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Supervising the performance of all team members and provide discipline as required.
• Troubleshooting and problem analysis taking corrective action as needed.
• Delegating tasks and responsibilities to Production Supervisors, Team Leaders etc. and ensure they are correctly discharged.
• Liaise and interact with relevant departments to ensure efficient support for materials, machine and personnel availability.
• Set and maintain excellent standards of housekeeping within all areas of responsibility and ensure safe working practice is adhered to at all times.
• Lead with both integrity and fairness.
• Produce product within standard time and to defined process and quality requirements within agreed budget levels.
• Ensure finished product meets required quality standard and is maintained within set targets.
• Ensure both rework and waste is kept to minimum levels along with identifying and pursuing the removal of waste in all areas of the production process.
• Develop and maintain excellent communications and relationships with all internal PelGar customers.
• Adopt an honest and open culture to aid two-way communications and effective workforce relationships.
• Ensure compliance with all company systems for production reporting and administration.
• Promote and ensure correct use of equipment and machinery to standard operations within the plant.
• Ensure safe working practices are maintained and ‘Standard Operations’ adhered to.
• Be a catalyst and project leader for continuous improvement suggestions and a driver of cost saving measures and efficiency improvements.
• Facilitate and develop daily toolbox talks to improve both production efficiency and productivity
• Develop the use of material kanbans to improve material flow from supplier to production.
• Ensure production WIP and stock accuracy is high and reflected within the ERP system.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to perform well in this role, click APPLY and forward your current CV, including a covering letter, clearly stating why you believe you can offer what we’re looking for.
No Agencies please!