TribePost are advertising this position on behalf of Norwegian Log
Location: Reading – Charvil Area, Berkshire
Salary: Subject to experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time. Mon-Fri 07:30 – 16:30
Norwegian Log has been manufacturing and supplying traditional solid log cabins, lodges, transportable and other buildings for private clients, public bodies/charities and commercial organisations for more than twenty years. From simple garden buildings to holiday lodge developments, from luxury log swimming pool enclosures to commercial log buildings.
About the job
• Site erection of Solid Log Cabins, Education Buildings & other related timber structures
• Ensuring correct equipment & product is present & correct for projects
• Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment, within the working environment
• General preparatory / repair work on raw materials may also be required
• Understanding and co-operation in all Health & Safety matters
• Maintaining a consistent high quality output of all work undertaken
• A flexible approach to your working hours will be required on occasion
• Frequent requirement to work away (UK only) Monday to Friday (Typical Projects may have a 4 to 6 week duration) returning home for weekends only.
• Minimum of Carpentry NVQ Level 2 experience essential
• Previous construction experience (e.g. commercial housing & developments, or alternatively a physical outdoor role/experience will be considered)
• Full UK driving licence and own transport required due occasional need to meet directly at alternate address. (Client site address) Company vehicles also available.
• Heavy lifting & manual handling required – physically demanding role.
• Excellent communication skills – customer facing.
• Comprehensive ability to read, write & understand English instructions
• Problem solving, improvising and use of own initiative important
• Punctual, Presentable & Reliable
If you think this is something that you could physically do, if you want to be part of a team which works hard, has a great team work attitude and you want to learn and progress with a very successful and highly regarded company then we would like to hear from you.