Location: Liverpool or Manchester (based on successful candidates’ location).
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 DOE.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Hobs’ unique range of service offerings and projected growth and increasing reliance on our Sage Business Cloud ERP system (previously known as Sage X3) means that our business systems and financial data are of critical importance within the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in a similar role or graduate with a broad range of technical skills to make a big difference in a variety of innovative business areas in a successful and fast-growing company.
The primary purpose of the role is to continue to deliver improvements to our Sage ERP system, unlocking its potential to transform the way we do business by delivering key business intelligence and streamlining business processes.
• Join a small team responsible for the ongoing enhancement and support of our key business management system.
• Deliver analytics & dashboarding to provide key management information to the business, allowing managers to make appropriate and timely decisions to drive the business forward.
• Deliver key enhancements such as web services and mobile apps
• Act as part of an Agile project team, contributing to continuous improvement of our development processes.
• Monitor technology and supplier trends to enable the company to get the most business value out of our Sage investment.
• Research new technologies and services to meet the company’s goals.
• Understanding of DB/Web server/Web services/ODBC connections
• SQL Knowledge
• ability to query/update tables
• ability to understand, edit and write SQL stored procedures/views
• Ability to program (language not vital – the concepts are more important)
• Comfortable with learning Sage X3 architecture from a low level
• Comfortable with learning Sage X3 concepts (e.g. user profiles / functions / roles / groups / permissions / site dependence) from a technical level
• Comfortable with learning Sage X3 import/export procedures and methods
• Good Excel knowledge (e.g. linked/live data connected spreadsheets)
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!