Location: Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE, plus Commission + Car
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste Ltd, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK’s motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Technical Sales Manager – The Role:
Responsible for the lead generation, business development and sales for the Industrial Hazardous Waste Department.
To sell high quality full range hazardous waste disposal solutions and services: chemicals, liquid, tanker, non-bulk oils, sludge, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, re?nery, acids, alkalis, industrial waste streams. This will include going out to gain new business opportunities as well as utilising current accounts to maximise upselling and cross-selling solution services.
Support the roll out of services to new customer estates.
Technical Sales Manager – Key Responsibilities:
• Maintaining, developing and expanding the customer base by utilising all commercial opportunities, including opening new customer accounts and effectively driving lead generation and cold calling activities.
• Maximising all sales opportunities for the supply of hazardous waste processing solutions such as hazardous waste collections, containment and disposal.
• Build strong relationships with existing and new customers, clearly identify their requirements, and actively promote other services offered by the Enva group.
• Travelling to the customer industrial and commercial sites in order to assess/investigate any required waste collections, gather relevant data/ information in order to gain a full understanding of the waste nature and hazards associated with it. Take samples for laboratory analysis where required.
• Assess potential jobs with regard to safety and to obtain chemical waste inventories to ensure accurate quotations for the customer (a requirement to list waste is a must).
• Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
• Complete site surveys and waste improvement plans (WIP) as part of customer performance reviews and new account customer roll outs.
• To ensure the profitability of all hazardous waste operations in line with company expectations.
• Develop of the sector sales strategy and plans and prepare of annual business forecasts.
• Develop and execute against the sales activity plan in order to achieve the agreed targets.
• Participate in the analysis of current/future markets in order to further develop hazardous waste operations.
Technical Sales Manager – Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
• Technical sales experience within recycling/ waste industry most desirable, however, alternative experiences (Drummed Waste, Paints, Powder coatings, Water Treatment, Chemicals, Industrial Services, Laboratory Equipment, Life Sciences) will be considered.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You will have in-depth experience managing complex environments and are skilled at forecasting and territory planning.
• Strong relationship building skills and be a confident networker.
• Dedicated approach and self-starter, with ability to work autonomously.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and to plan and manage own agenda.
• Problem solver, with ability to identify and implement sustainable solution’s to customer requests.
• Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals in a changing environment.
• Strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – should be transparent, open and honest in all dealings.
• Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
• Desired but not essential HNC or Degree in Chemistry or Environmental Science.
• Full UK driving licence
Offering a competitive salary, car and commission in a growing company committed to our people. We also offer pension contributions and other health scheme benefits including death in service.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV and covering letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please!