Unity3D developer / 3D Generalist
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Salary: Attractive packages
Hours: 37 hours per week, plus overtime
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Sonovision is looking for a Unity3D developer with 2 to 3 years’ experience with good coding ability in C# and able to create 3D models, scenes and animations to support our expanding 3D and Immersive design teams.
The candidate should have a strong portfolio, showing a range of Unity3D developed games and/or interactive experiences, 3D modelling and animation. A good creative design eye with excellent attention to detail that is self-motivated and proactive is paramount. This role would be ideally suited to an individual looking to pursue a career in developing in Unity3D with a keen interest in the 3D modelling and animation side too.
You will be working alongside our in-house design studio and 3D design teams, developing Virtual (VR) and Augmented (AR) Reality experiences for product training simulations and for sales and marketing purposes. You will also support in creating a range of 3D product animations and scenarios which will include building scenes, animating, lighting and texturing. The individual will work from briefs and storyboards, with the opportunity to take a leading role. The candidate must have a solid knowledge of Unity3D, 3D Studio max 2017 or above and Vray and an interest in creative design would be beneficial. Users of Maya are also welcome to apply.
Sonovision UK provides a full range of Technical Publications, Graphic Design and E-learning solutions to multi-national companies world-wide. Our Design Studio provides a broad range of creative print and digital design services along with video production and editing. Working with our 3D modellers
and animators, we develop product visualisations and walk through animations for marketing and
E-learning material making us a unique design agency.
Unity3D developer / 3D Generalist – Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Developing VR and AR training experiences using Unity3D or Unreal game engines
- Lead from a technical perspective providing expert knowledge and skills
- Develop interactive tablet-based content using Unity3D
- Ensure all environments are optimised correctly to meet the hardware limitations
- Write easy to understand and well commented code
- Creating a variety of 3D product animations and real-life scenarios, developing realistic lighting scenes, texturing and creative animation sequences
- Able to work to scale when building 3D models
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle – from brief and pitch to delivery
- Working from scamps, storyboards or customer briefs
- Proactive in asking questions directly to team members and clients
- Good problem-solving skills
- Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to teams and clients
Unity3D developer / 3D Generalist – Skills required for this role:
- Knowledge/understanding of the Unity or Unreal Games engines.
- An understanding of the Unity UI system.
- An understanding of VR/AR.
- Ability to code in C#.
- Knowledge of the SteamVR, VRTK or MRTK packages.
- Expertise in 3D Studio Max 2017 or above
- Knowledge of the Vray/Vray Next renderer for 3ds Max.
- An understanding of the model optimisation process for use in Games/VR.
- Ability to model, texture, light, animate and render scenes and products to a high standard.
- Able to build/manipulate 3D engineering products models.
- A technical understanding of engineering products, and how they operate.
- Knowledge/understanding of Gaming environments can be beneficial but not essential.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Allegorithmic Texturing Packages such as Substance Painter.
- Ability to create high quality textures in Photoshop or similar packages such as Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of BIM.
- Optimisation process when working with CAD data and game engines.
- Knowledge of Cinema4D for Motion Graphics
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite such as After Effects and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of BIM.
The right candidate will have the following personal skills and background:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure whilst maintaining a calm, professional attitude.
- High level organisation, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Effective people and project management skills
- Team oriented with ability to work autonomously and take the lead in multiple design projects atonce.
- Resourceful with aptitude for practical and innovative problem solving.
- Open to providing and receiving feedback.
- Creativity and ability to deliver artistically impactful work on time.
Please note, candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed.
The level of security needed is Security Check (SC).
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on ‘APPLY’ today forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please.