Competitive, DOE + Benefits
Manufacturing, Transport and Logistics
Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor
Location: Lower Dicker, Hailsham, BN27 4EL
Salary: Competitive, DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Vacgen and we are recruiting.
Since 1964, we have been the name on everyone’s lips when they think about high quality ultra-high vacuum products and services.
We manufactured the very first UHV valve and we head some of the most advanced vacuum research, coupling this with over 50 years excelling in the research and scientific industry we have incredible grounding in the needs of our customers.
We are now recruiting for a Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor to ensure our warehouse operates at peak efficiency.
Customer Satisfaction must be your primary goal, you will do this by supervising, organizing, directing and training warehouse employees.
As our Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and leading the team from within and specifically to motivate when required to maintain work flow.
- Overseeing daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Ensuring that the standard work, one-piece flow and other cellular principles are upheld.
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, cycle counting and shipping
- Motivating and delegating to the team,ro-actively managing performance on an individual and team basis.
- Assisting in setting the team’s targets in terms of Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Being a Cell Technician as and when required.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing relevant standards and procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading a stores/warehouse or logistics team
- Demonstrable experience in inventory management/stock accuracy
- Good computer literacy, with skills in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in the use of an ERP system for inventory management
- To understand the need for safe manual handling principles
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a pressure team environment
- Ability to understand and develop efficient systems and working practices
- A working knowledge of Lean principles, such as 5S, would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally to have experience in working with kanbans, DLF and VOMI
- A level equivalent English and Maths
- A good level of written and verbal communication skills with knowledge of export procedures (nice to have)
- A qualification in logistics management
We require all employees to have the following personal qualities/attributes:
- Hands-on approach to leading the team with strong communication skills at all levels – operators to management
- To have the capacity to listen, reflect and motivate the team to improved performance
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines under pressure
- High level of organisational and planning skills
- To possess a degree of problem-solving ability
- To be self-motivated and pro-active
- To be numerate and computer literate
- Committed to the ongoing success of the business
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.